PAST - Creative Summer @ CECA- 26/7/21 - 19/8/21
We have a fantastic summer lined up for 11-16 year old with learning disabilities, SEND, Autism and young carers.
The activity is completely FREE and a meal will be provided each day. All days run 11am - 3pm. To book click here.
Young people are encouraged to attend alone as we will have support on hand, however those who may require 1:1 support are welcome to bring their support peer along with them.
There are different activities each day and you can book onto as many days as you like:
- Mon 26th July- Drawing Skills and Frottage- Working with local artist Bettie Hope, you will take part in a number of fun drawing exercises and frottage (paper rubbings of textures)
- Tues 27th- NO EVENT (We are sorry but this activity has been cancelled and moved to a later date)
- Wed 28th- Street Dance and Theatre- Join Karen Liddle School of Dance for an exciting day of theatre skills and street dance (please wear appropriate clothing and trainers)
- Thurs 29th- Puppetry workshop 2- Learn the basics of facial structure and sculpting, leading to a complete puppet head. (Please note: this is 1 of 2 sessions. Session 2 will be held on Thurs 12th August and will involve bringing your puppets to life for a performance!)
- Mon 2nd August- Stop Motion Animation- Design and create your own character out of sculpting clay, before bringing them to life using stop-motion camera techniques (just like Wallace and Gromit!
- Wed 4th - Lego Robots - build and programme- Build a robot and then programme it do move around a track!
- Thurs 5th – Decorate a Monkey- Help to decorate one of 35 monkey sculptures, which will form a trail around the town later in mid-September and November as part of the Northern School of Art Festival of Illustration and Wintertide Festival.
- Mon 9th Aug- Music Production- Head into the studio and record sounds with some instruments, then lay them down onto your own track with Bluebridge Studios!
- Tues 10th Aug- Tshirt design and press- Design and print your own graphic then apply it to a t-shirt!
- Wed 11th - To be confirmed
- Thurs 12th Aug- Puppetry workshop 2- (Participants must have attended workshop 1 on Thurs 29th July). Bring your puppets to life and record a performance using your very own character.
- Mon 16th Aug- Terrariums and session 2 to be confirmed. Join Deenpool Crafts for a morning creating your own terrarium (a miniature garden in its own little world!), which you will be able to take home with you!
- Tues 17th Aug- Jesmonite moulding and casting Plain Jayne Design will give you an introduction into jesmonite/moulding and casting, learning 3 basic skills (splash, terrazzo, marbled effects), to produce mini Lego men or letters. Then turn these into keyrings, badges or signs!
- Wed 18th Aug- Comic Illustration workshop- Local illustrator Keith Robson will share his skills of telling stories through illustration. Keith has worked on many popular publications over the years, including Beano and Dandy, so will use his experience to help you to create your own comic strips!
- Thurs 19th Aug- SFX Make-up – Local artist Over the Winks will teach you all about special effects make-up. Using non-toxic products that are in the home (such as oats and flour), learn how to make wounds, feature enhancements (such as nose and ears) and skin textures (ageing, burns, illusions). Please wear old clothing which you don't mind getting dirty!
To book onto any of the activities listed above click here. If you are unable to complete the online form or wish to cancel your booking then please call 01429 523330.